Recent studies prove that people will different social and cultural backgrounds usually have as satisfying relationships as people from the same country. The number of international marriages is growing, and more and more men join global dating sites to build interethnic relationships with one of the Filipino women, Ukrainian girls, or Japanese ladies.
But how to choose the best country for dating? What are the options? You’ll find this information in this guide on the best countries to find love.
What makes a country great for dating?
Ranking the best countries to date a woщman is based on certain criteria, namely the following ones:
- Institution of the family. In some countries, the institution of the family is still strong. For example, for Colombian women family is more important than for women in many Western countries—there, it’s often called “the chief aim of life”. We evaluate the social attitude toward the traditional nuclear family to understand if a particular country can be considered a good place to start a family.
- Gender ratio. In some countries, men outnumber women significantly. Such gender ratio often makes ladies consider finding a boyfriend or a future spouse abroad.
- Number of singles. In different countries, the situation in the dating market is different. In some places, finding a single young person is harder, and this automatically makes it rank lower on our list.
- Motivation of citizens to get married and start families. Sometimes it’s not due to the positive factors—in some Asian countries, women feel social pressure and pressure from families that, however, often makes them sign up for one of international dating sites. This motivation, despite being not entirely positive, is considered by our experts, too.
- Social attitude towards interethnic relationship. There are still homogeneous societies in the world—for example, in some Arab countries, interethnic relationships, let alone marriages, are still socially discouraged and even stigmatized. Such places can’t be considered the best countries for dating—we choose the countries where such relationships are socially encouraged or at least accepted.
Our experts analyzed all these and many other factors to choose the 10 best countries for dating. The good news is that if you’d like to date Latin or Asian women, or, more specifically, Canadian girls or Polish women, you’ll find them, as well as many others, on our list.
10 best countries for dating
Here are the best countries for single American guys based on all the criteria that we’ve mentioned previously:
- New Zealand
- The Philippines
As you can see, most of the best countries for dating are European, Asian, or Latin ones. What exactly a foreigner who’s going to date local women in each of these regions is likely to get? Let’s analyze the local dating cultures in more detail.
European dating culture
There are pretty many European girls on the list, and even in the countries that weren’t mentioned, a Western man can find a decent match. But what distinguishes Europe from other countries in terms of dating? Here are some interesting facts to consider:
- Europe is different, so choose the region carefully. Ladies in Eastern Europe, namely Ukrainian ladies, and Belarusian women, are more conservative compared to women in countries of Western Europe and even Central Europe, like Poland. They also get married at an earlier age and often are even more motivated to become wives and have children—in Central and Western Europe family is one of the important values, while in Eastern Europe, it’s the primary one.
- In most countries of Europe, courtship matters, and relationships before marriage last pretty long. Local girls take marriage seriously, and they do want to get close enough and build that emotional connection before getting married, even if they have a long-distance relationship.
- If you’re looking not only for family-minded but for educated and successful women, you can find them in Europe. Here’s the thing that most European countries have in common—Russian women, Swedish girls, and ladies from Poland are usually well-educated. If you join one of the niche online dating sites and look through random profiles, you’ll find out that most members looking for foreign men there are employed and even run their own businesses.
Of course, these are generalizations, but they can help you understand what you can expect from European women and decide to look or not look for love in one of the best european countries for dating.
Best European dating sites
Asian dating culture
A lot of Asian countries are on the list of best countries to find love. Men are marrying Vietnamese girls, Indonesia women, and of course, ladies from Thailand, China, and the Philippines yearly, and here are some facts that can help you understand what you can expect in some or most of these countries.
- Western men are considered exotic, and that’s their advantage. In nearly any Asian country, including China, Vietnam, and Thailand, Western men get a lot of attention. They not only seem exotic but also are considered to be more reliable and loyal than local guys.
- Texting & social media representation is important. In some countries of the Asian region, the way you interact online, especially on social media sites is no less important that the way you communicate in real life. You should keep in mind that you’re not fond of texting, exchanging pics, and posting photos of you and your girlfriend on social media, it won’t be so easy to build a relationship in China or South Korea.
- Men can’t get married or even date Asian girls without their parents’ approval. This is another thing that is common in Chinese culture, as well as in Japan. if you want to date one of the Thai girls, Chinese ladies, or women from Korea, you’ll need her parents’ approval.
Most Japanese women are different from girls in China, so we’d recommend learning more about dating cultures in specific Asian countries before you start looking for a perfect match, but these are some common facts, the background facts that can help you understand what dating in Asia is like.
Best Asian dating sites
Latin dating culture
Mexican women, Brazilian girls, Dominican women, all these women are incredibly popular on the international dating scene.
- Machismo isn’t always attractive. This is a stereotype of Latin women—they don’t like it when a man is trying to dominate all the time, is too self-confident, and acts like a womanizer. In fact, it’s often what local girls are trying to avoid.
- Confidence matters, though, and so do emotions. Worlds of love, kisses, compliments, and hugs on first dates may seem weird in Asia, but they’re appreciated in most Latin countries—that’s just the way to express feelings and to show your partner you’re in love and serious about it.
- Loaylty and motivation to settle down and start a family are most appreciated. It’s pretty easy to find a loyal wife in most Latin countries, but it’s not always easy for local women to find a partner who’d be ready to start a serious relationship, so it’s an advantage that Western men can use.
Again, Latin countries (and Latin women) are different. Just consider these facts and do deeper research if you know what your dream girlfriend is like and want to make sure that you can meet such a girl in Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, or Venezuela.
Best Latin dating sites
Considering all the factors, from the number of Brazilian women who don’t mind dating foreigners to the distribution of gender roles and views on a family, Brazil can be considered the best country for dating. The number of singles is pretty high, too—according to statistics, in 2021, there were almost 10.8 million unipersonal households in this country.
It’s considered that the best lovers (both male and female) are from Spain, Brazil, and Italy.
The Philippines is considered the country that feels the most love in the world. It’s also on the list of countries with the highest marriage immigration rates—Filipino women intermarry much more often than, for example, Japanese women, Chinese women, and girls from European countries.